"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Guilty Conscience

Spent whole day today "in the field", even if I promised Mark that I would join him early morning in the office so we can do his powerpoint for presentations on Monday. I woke up early enough, but I had to do some blogging in the house, which was why I wasnt able to make it at MDLD anymore before the Megamall meeting with the MC. After having told him that I would probably be there in the afternoon instead, I then rushed to the meeting, for which I was also late (aaargh! hate this habit!). I soon learned that convocations for DLSU was that same afternoon, so having the dilemma... I chose to go to DLSU first (yep, to see my "special someone") before going to see Mark.
Turns out, my DLSU adventure took longer than expected... and Mark texted me finally to ask if I was still going to go. Gullt-ridden, I tried to finish everything, only to arrive in tomas morato already at 6pm! He was nice about it, only mentioning once that he was already there at 8am (because I told him I would be there at 8am also!) Shucks! I've never been so guilty and embarrassed about what I did than that moment... coz I know I chose to do something that was entirely futile anyway (because the person I was supposed to meet.. well, things didnt go as planned, even if we did meet and talk for a while) than keep my earlier promise to Mark.
I know, i know. My brain would say I finished his ppt in time anyway before my dad fetched me early (yep, was only there in MDLD for 30 minutes! Sheesh, right?)... and I know he left also as soon as I did because he was not online in YM anymore after 20 minutes. I just hope next time I can make better choices and decisions, so others won't be hassled by my, well, "spontaneity"... Ü

0 comments: