"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Homecoming: SSP @ Davao 2006

Went back to my second home last week: Davao City. It was first time to travel alone, and I reveled in the solitude both in the airport and in my hotel room. It was then I realized that amidst the friendsters and multiply connections, and my aspirations to become a "connector" (thanks to tipping point!), I really am an introvert at heart. I guess growing up, I already find small talk exhausting and actually desire for more adult company and more meaningful conversations.

Not that I didn't find the company of old ADDU friends equally fun! I didn't get drunk though, for the first time (haha!) It was really great meeting up with Nate, Dave, JC and Carla, even for just a while. I wish I had more time to spend with them, even my shopping at Aldevinco was rushed! Oh well, there's always next year right? :-)

Work-wise, I learned a lot from the convention. Amazingly, I was able to sit through a whole day's symposium and appreciate every word! I even texted Drew and told him I had a brief inkling to pursue the medical profession! Looking back, I realize that I enjoy the academic aspect of it, learning about new studies and pursuing new molecules to find cures for emerging syndromes. But I don't think I'm ready for the responsibility of having someone's life in your hands--I'm not that brave yet... For now, I'm content to be in the surrounding industry, and to "entertain" them as much as I can. Where's my next dance card, Dr Morales? Hehe :-)


Last Palamandesals at Karl's, Davao Airport

0 comments: