"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Monday, December 29, 2008

Looking Back at 2008 | Looking Forward to 2009

It's been a while since I blogged, and as I read through the archives, I realize that much really has happened for the past months that I wasn't really able to write about. 2008 has been a rollercoaster of highs and lows, triumphs and defeats, falling in love and heartbreaks. Let me count the ways:
  • Inang Romana: Started the year with an early Farewell, to my beloved Inang who passed away at our ancestral home in Munoz. Will miss all your cooking, all the thoughtfulness and concern, and the support you gave me growing up. We Love you Inang.
  • Hwong Khong and Hawaii: My 2 International Trips this year: the first one as a birthday present for me and lowlah, the next one as part of Prefplus. And I was granted 10years on my US VISA.. enough to save up for my next trip to New York! yay!
  • Fenoflex Grand Launch: Yup, was working on V-Day. But no worries, because everything was still all red (including me).. roll out the red carpet for 520 MDs who celebrated with us as we launched my baby into the medical community! Cheers!
  • Trip Around Pinas: Provincial launches for Fenoflex followed, which meant plane-hopping from one key city to the next.. phew! Tiring living on a suitcase, but I loved all the travel so bring it on! :)
  • New GM: Goodbye Sir Lyle, Welcome Sir Nomer. A lot of adjustments in the office with the new management, but we're all hoping for a good change with LRI.
  • PMG Resignations: The production numbers ain't the same without Badet, Gino and Steve. Best of Luck to you guys. See you around :)
  • Falling in, and out, of Love. Met, loved and was heartbroken three times this year. I never really wrote about them, but I remember spending many sleepless nights daydreaming and then crying afterwards. This prompted so many reunions just so I can get my share of compassion and sanity from the support group, which is why I'm truly thankful for the friends. One thing I was able to prove: the heart truly is a resilient muscle, for it now begins to hope and beat again for someone new.. hopefully, someone whom I can share 2009 with...
  • Nina Judan Jiao: I will miss my little angel. I know that somehow, Justice has been served. May you be in Peace now with Kuya Jess :)
  • iCOMPLI Launch: Finally, was able to launch my patient program after two years of concept, development and testing. Next year, go nationwide!
  • F@#k my Knee... Again!: Got another major one this year. Good thing I was able to put it back (weird but required skill my brother and I had to learn over time)
  • Health Scares: Had multiple lab tests done this year, one for my platelet problem, and another for that breast scan. I was cleared for both late this year, thank goodness. Health is Wealth talaga.
  • Won the UL Raffle: Count 'em and Weep (because I did cry when it all sank in): 100grand baby! One Word: Grabe. Ang galing! Ang saya! Thank you thank you Kuya Jess!
  • Reunions, reunions, reunions. To Eda, Drew, Marc, Ling, Banchettos, GSM, my Babies, New Orleans Girls, Lowlahs, KwaiLuhs, Haberdeis, AIESECers, Dazers, and all my friends who lent their time to listen and gave their shoulders to cry on, who flooded my inbox with the sweetest and thoughtful messages, and who have supported and cheered me on through all my joys and sorrows this year.. I raise my glass to you. A girl could not ask for a greater group of true friends. I Love you All.
  • Judanskis. Batas, Hustisya. Kwatog. You are my life, thank you for all the wisdom, guidance, support, prayers and love. Mahal ko Kayo.

There are many blessings to be thankful for, and many lessons to be learned from the past year. But like many years past, I AM EXCITED for the new year.. a chance to start anew--a clean slate, a new beginning. Let's see how many I can tick off for next year:

  • Health: Join a dance class / Hiphop Abs and drop down to 125lbs.
  • Wellness: Monthly Facials and Hot Oils, plus update new wardrobe.
  • Travel: an Asian Trip, and a New Philippine City Trip.
  • Arts: A Concert, A Play, A Book/CD Signing and a Sports Event.
  • Attitudes: Be more professional, come to meetings on time, and deliver all commitments. Curse Less. Drink Less.
  • Finances: Spend Less, Save More. Zero Debts. Open a passbook account: Deposit at least 1000 every month.
  • Career: More FOCUS. Do Homework and come to the office prepared. Develop more relationships with target MDs.
  • Self-Development: Enrol in MBA in Ateneo. Learn a new skill: Photoshop!
  • Friendships: Meet and catch up with all the chapters at least twice in a year.
  • Love: Introduce to the friends and the family. Keep in Touch. Enjoy each other and cultivate relationship :)
  • Family: Have QT for each member of the Family (Sta Clara with Mom, Billiards with Julius, Travel with Dad)
  • Spiritual: Continue my Morning Prayer Rituals. Share more blessings everyday.

Happy 2009 Everyone! Cheers!

0 comments: