"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Friday, April 22, 2005

Davao Memories :)

It’s been how many days since I last came from Davao… and what an experience it was! Admittedly, it’s my first time to travel alone anywhere… even if my boss and his wife was there, they left earlier and they were in a separate room. My first time to also enjoy hotel life without a roommate, and while I lavished in the freedom… it was an eye-opener as well…

I would always be grateful to ADDU for making me feel welcome in Davao, I would have been a lost, confused foreigner if it weren’t for them… I’m doubly blessed that my distributors also extended their hospitality to me (it pays to really know a local when you travel!), and I’m certain that I will return the favor to them once they visit us in Manila as well…

In more ways than one, I think I left my heart in Davao City... I've never felt more at home anywhere than I did at that place. My hotel was not the best, but the people were most accommodating... the food was cheap and bottomless! The mall had a food court in every floor, and I once ate four dinners at one seating! Hehe :) And I found someone special there as well...

Sadly though, that part of my trip I have to really leave behind... my heart still feels that longing for him, but my eyes were opened to the truth that he and I will truly never be... no matter how much you feel for the person, sometimes you know in your gut that the relationship will go nowhere, and the guy is out of your league...it hurts to face the truth, but at least for a few moments, he was mine... and the memories are all I have to savor what we had that night...

For now, I still have this stupid punto as proof of my stay in Davao... kapoy gyud! Life goes on I guess. I don't know when I'll be back... when work or life would permit me to fly there again (hopefully my flight won't be delayed anymore!) hopefully sooner than later. By then I would have learned my Bisaya well, and I'll be happier, or more at peace, to face him again... =)

0 comments: