"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Tara FT SEring's Between Dinner and the Morning After

After a long hiatus from the shelves, Summit books are back with their newest baby: Between Dinner and the Morning After by Tara FT Sering. I was so excited to get a copy of this book, knowing finally that cosmo editors reversed back to their women writers after Vince's Life, and convinced that this would definitely be a good read based on Sering's previous work with Summit. I know that growing up, my choice of literature should have matured with age as well... but what can I say? Summit books remain to be my guilty pleasure, apart from my Sweet Valley days and historical romances saga-ish collections...

Disappointingly, however, I was not even able to finish the book before I finally dozed off. The author was for the most part trying to be witty but ended up merely whining and justify whining, while moving from current story to multiple flashbacks... I was bored and confused!!! And the ending even was nooooot satisfying (considering I'm a BIG ending fan--that's the make-or-break of the story for me!) . Sering failed miserably in tying up the characters and the plot and the resolution...it was like reading a series of blogs, with no coherence whatsoever.

I hope that Summit would be able to release instead the second installment to Vince's Life... the lesser of two evils.

For another review of the book (yet with the same passionate furor), check out my friend's site.

0 comments: