"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Housekeeping with DAYS

Was assigned housekeeping for DAYS this weekend! That was super challenging for me because I rarely did sweep and take out the garbage at home (I was more kitchen duty!), but I welcomed the opportunity to do something new. Even though I became sick the next day (probably because of the stress at work--had deadlines to pass every night during that weekend!-- and of the ehavy downpour), I felt really fulfilled that I was able to accomplish something outside my comfort zone. It was scary though when I was the only one left to clean and close the place up!
Just like every weekend when I staff, I'm glad that I was able to still go on DAYS. I always feel renewed when I staff, as if I'm a participant for the first time... I still get teary eyed and emotional. Jess really works in mysterious and wonderful ways...
Was glad to also meet again with friends I've made within the community, with my sisters and in aiesec... Till next batch, when I'll be a sponsor again... :-)

0 comments: