"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Christmas of Firsts

It seems like a lifetime since I last posted in here. I'll confess--my attention has wavered more to multiply and have been addicted ever since. (See more recent pictures and gimiks I have been of late: http://gladysjudan.multiply.com). But I know that blogspot will always be the home of my most intimate and even weirdest thoughts, ramblings, experiences.. and everything in between.

It's been quite the holidays--welcome surprises and heart-breaking dissapointments all in one. It was a season of firsts--
  • First time I fully enjoyed all my reunions with friends, because I wasn't preoccupied with meeting Batas for curfew... too bad our Noche Buena was cut short because Mom wasn't feeling too well.
  • First National Conference and Party with LRI and UL, my new family... had that great two nights with Iloilo friend... I smile wistfully now, knowing that those nights will remain but bittersweet memories. At least I have our pictures to daydream by, all I have left of us.
  • First time I resisted the urge to Drink and Be Merry.. First time I'm seriously considering quitting alcohol and yosi altogether. Naks, inspired kse... ;-)
  • First time I brought home Christmas basket, First Christmas bonus! The best part of it was sharing all these blessings with my family; it feels great to be able to help out--taking them shopping, treating them to fancy dinners, getting them their perfect gifts. And good thing, at least I have something for my days' batch already in January.
  • First heartbreak. He still misses me, he says. I told him I missed him too. But I'm not going back there, that's for sure. I guess things are better off this way. New Start for the year eh?
The best First for me was feeling the true spirit of the Yuletide during Mass. I've always loved hearing Mass at Christ the King.. the people, the choir, the entire church community always brings that sincerity and generosity of prayer. And I felt really closer to Jess during the Christmas Eve Mass. It's just like what the priest said--the true spirit of Christmas resides in our willingness to spread peace and reconciliation not just with the people we love but more with the people we have wronged as well. And I realized that Christmas cannot be found in gifts we have requested nor received, nor the parties and reunions--but in how we welcome and give happiness to others. The Spirit starts within us. And how much we love Christmas should not just end with the taking down of the lights and the tree and all the trimmings, but its love should be carried all year round.

The Christmas Spirit starts and continues within us. Have a Blessed Yuletide to Everyone! :-)

0 comments: