"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Feeling So-so.. So Far...

Feeling ho-hum... Some random things I've been up to:

Stuck here on the office when I know that I could sneak off for a vacation, because good girl that I am I know that I should try to finish work before the bosses and everyone else come back from their trip. And I should really work my ass off so I can make it to the incentive trip next year... no matter how impossible and daunting the tasks seem...

Being on the recovery from my latest flu attack doesn't seem to brighten my spirits so much though.. although the last road trip to Tagaytay did seem to work wonders. I guess the emotional and mental stress finally took on a toll on me physically.. but as they say here in Unilab nga... "bawal magkasakit".. so off to the office I still go despite the cough&colds and the boiling temperature *sigh*

Besides, I have to work so I can earn more to save enough for my trip this October. Better get around to finishing that VISA application! Can't wait to see Nikki and Uncle Sam!

Been reading a lot of Our Daily Bread and Purpose-Driven Life lately.. I know it seems late, but it's only now that I have a real appreciation for the Word. Growing up I wasn't too keen on reading the Bible on a daily basis, even if ironically I'm always the lector in school and in our local parish. But now, it's something I look forward to everyday.. it keeps me in perspective and more hopeful and optimistic. I'm glad for this change. I hope I can make this more of a habit :-)

Still trying to book those one-peso flights to Bangkok with Anna. I hope we can really go.. I'd want to travel to an Asian country at least once every year... there goes my ten-year life plan :-P

0 comments: