"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Animal Farm: Trip to Avilon Zoo

My Pet Eagle... Field Trip to Avilon Zoo :) Posted by Hello

Early morning, my Dad had his "bright idea": let's bring the whole fam to Avilon Zoo! Oh well...since we were never really at home all at the same time, and it was once in a blue moon that my Dad wanted to go on those long road trips, so we decided to pack a quick lunch basket, my cutie safari attire and headed on to Montalban, Rizal to meet 'em animals....

No one among us was a navigator, because we didn't really have the faintest clue where it was! So we asked random people for directions, looked for "this way" signs, and at last we found the gates to the 7.5 hectare zoo... Felt like twilight zone for a minute there.. the gates looked like Jurassic Park's!

The zoo was well-kept, very clean... similar to a park or even Enchanted Kingdom. Our tour guide Mark was cutie!!! Haha.. flirting with parental guidance nman eh ;-) After a really really quick picnic lunch, we walked on foot with the tour for two hours at 1 pm! Scorching heat I know!... I enjoyed mostly the birds which they had the most number of (Hence the name "Avilon Zoo"). Got even really close to a bird of prey! My dad's favorite was couple of mating tigers... inspired by Felina I guess! Haha :-)

It was really hot trip, but I learned a lot of scientific names and animal trivia for the day. I'm glad I went, can't wait to see the aquariums they'll be building soon though... Maybe we can bring AIESEC trainees there one of these days ;-)

0 comments: