"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Monday, February 20, 2006

About that Choir Guy...

After a long long time, I'm finally Inspired again :-)


Met someone from DAYS who was truly quite a character - He's a playwright / theater director who has one of the most wonderful voices I've heard. He was the one who taught me all those Days Songs, and I owe him much gratitude for that. If it weren't for him, I don't think I'll be able to join the choir, let alone do duets with him... My heart still skips a beat whenever he compliments my voice, like a proud mentor. What can I say... inspired nga talaga...


He loves UP as much as I do, loves menthol lights (my kinda guy!) and he was the first one out of all my friends from DAYS who asked me about my work, and who remembered what exactly I do for a living, and not just to make small talk. I'm glad I went with him to McDo instead of going with the group to Something Fishy. Talks about social-consciousness, politics, philosophy... to manghuhulas and UP fairs and concerts... to love and those feelings in between. That was one of the best conversations I've ever had - so good that we slept around 4am already not because we were tired nor running out of things to say, but that he just really had to prepare already for another session he was facilitating in a few hours...


Too bad he's still quite in love with a ghost from his past. His was quite the love story... a courtship complete with the theatrical staging and yep, all that drama. Kiniklilig pa rin ako just remembering about it. But like all great love stories, his did not end happily. And sadly, I think I was able to make him realize that whatever happens, he still would hold that girl in a pedestal, and no other can measure up to his "goddess".


Yup, he's definitely complicated (he admitted so himself), and he does have high standards. I'm not too blind to know that I won't have that chance to really be with him, but surprisingly I'm not too sad about that. I don't think I'll be able to make him happy anyway. (and this is definitely not bitterness talking!) I guess it's enough for me to spend time and see him at DAYS... admiring silently from afar. For now, it's enough to make me smile everyday, knowing that somewhere out there is a guy who really really has a strong faith and has so much passion for life (and is not gay!)... someone I can sing with again, till the next DAYS... :-)

0 comments: