"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Friday, February 24, 2006

WWE Raw Live Tour in Manila!

Big Show, Big Crowd at the Big Dome!

After lifetimes of longing and wishful thinking, Julius and I were finally able to catch the WWE Raw Live Tour in Manila! The Stars came over here for a two-night show and Araneta was really jampacked! It was a dream come true for Julius, who's always been a fan. I guess in a certain way, it's always been my dream too, even if my generation still idolized Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart (and even believed Ultimate Warrior's fatal exit from the show!) We got tickets only in the Upper Box Arena, but it wasn't too bad... thanks to zoom lens of my DSC-T5. I was "hired" as official photographer for the night! Harhar!

On the other side though, the event almost didn't push through, as there was a "state of national emergency" declared by GMA. Everyone feared it was almost marital law, as politicians and rallyists were arrested on the streets. It was pretty scary; at a press release, the wrestlers admitted that they were scared too! Good thing that even the biggest rallies couldn't stop fans from going! We did scream our lungs out that night: "Steel Chair! Steel Chair!" The girls beside me screamed louder... I never felt greater adrenaline rush with that many people before!

Thanks to Julius for bringing me, and for letting me see Triple H, Mick Foley, Big Show and Cena! Even if I don't get to watch the show as often now, the Tour made me realize I'm still a fan, and I'd always be a screaming fan for them. Our Php500 bucks apiece souvenir shirts will prove that! Steep Man! But everything was definitely worth it!!!

0 comments: