"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Friday, February 25, 2005

The Aviator


The Aviator Posted by Hello

Watched the Aviator tonight with Ma... all three hours worth of it. Was actually anxious to see it coz I wanted to know what kind of chances it had gunning for the big ones on Monday's Oscar Night. At the middle of it, I was kind of bored already, and wished Howard Hughes dead just to get the movie over it. Too bad he lived through all the planes that flew throughout the film... Mababaw comment: I was tired of seeing Leo's eyebrows together all throughout the film! How can he be so goddamn angry all the time?!?!

Ma liked it though, I'm glad she did coz it was my treat after all (money well-spent I guess, at least for her!). My bet? It has good chances to win. Although I'm still rooting for Hillary Swank vs. Cate Blanchett (even with her uncanny portrayal of Kate Hepburn), and Jamie Foxx over Leo. Kudos to Martin Scorsese though, I hope he gets the gold this time. And I'm crossing my fingers for Best Picture for this one: they're the best so far out of their contemporaries.. even against personal favorite Closer.

All bets are off on Monday! Can't wait--Oscar fever here we go! =D

0 comments: