"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Monday, November 28, 2005

Back to Baguio

Baguio is now my second home. Well, next to boracay that is :-)

Turista sa Mines View... :-) Posted by Picasa

I loved going back to Baguio. Though the trip was really tiring (6 hours for the climb up and 6 hours again going down) by Victory Liner (my longest commute so far!), we slept most of the time and tried to watch movies (pacifier, dodgeball and white chicks to be exact) anyway. Lesson Learned #1: Buy Bus Tickets in advance, especially during looong weekends!

Shempre, me and Eds can't help but go on a food trip pa din--Baguio style! For some reason, we always ended up at Session Road... Visco's had the best baked lasagna; Jumongous Mongolian Rice Toppings at Gobi; Chopsuey Heaven at Star Cafe (love baguio veggies!). We took the best and most pictures at Kenny's and Pizza hut though... dessert sampler forever! Loved chokolate-eh at Cafe by the Ruins... hated my brandy-coffee combo at Ionic Cafe! That was weird... Lesson # 2: Have maps ready, but if you can't afford it, drop by National bookstore and read on travel guides. Know the most happening places to hang out, the best / cheapest buys, the native delicacies and cafes (opening and closing hours are also vital infos!)

Food Trip Galore! Posted by Picasa

Spent wads of moolah at the shopping places as well: Mines View, SM Baguio (love their centralized airconditioning! haha!) and Central Market... went overbudget and withdrew twice just for choco flakes, peanut brittle, knitted stuff, baguio shirts, keychains, knitted sweaters... mostly non-useful cute stuff... :-)

Even if we splurged on the trip, our savings at the Navy Base guesthouse more than made up for all our shopping sprees. It was quite cozy, American - style, and we can cook our own breakfast at the kitchen or enjoy the fireplace. Best place for bonding with Eda and Marianne! :-) But I don't think our trip would have been the same if we didn't have a cam with us. Each pic would take around 4-5 poses before we perfected the "look" or the "scenery"... good thing we had enough funds for "disposable" energizer batteries! haha! Lesson # 3: when bringing a camera, make you sure you also bring with you rechargeable batteries (or spare change for energizers!)


pa-cute effect chuvaness! haha! Posted by Picasa

I love being a tourist--the late nights, the no-curfew-stress-free life.. Mass at Baguio Cathedral was one of the most heartfelt and solemn masses I've attended. Iba ang kirot sa puso pag Ilokano ang misa. Everyone was singing from the heart, and at that moment I think I missed home more. Fortune telling at Bell Church was memorable as well.. it was my first "oriental" experience, and I think I'd go back to Bell Church here in Araneta in February to have my fortunes read again :-)

Going on a vacation with only a few people instead of the whole barkada was definitely a blessing in disguise: at least I was able to do everything I wanted to do and go to the places I really wanted to see. I know that it may be a long time before I go back to Baguio again. It may be a different experience altogether (I may drop by Masinloc on the way the next time), but this trip will definitely be one of my favorites :-)



centralized aircon anyone? :-) Posted by Picasa

0 comments: