"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Thursday, November 03, 2005

BORACAY INVASION!!!

With Cris and Wangbu @ Bora! :-) Posted by Picasa

Yep, for the second time this year, I was blessed to be given the opportunity to invade the white sand beaches of Bora once more!!! Was super excited, I bought all my beach gears early on, planned my outfits and packed two days ahead of my departure date. Of course, this particular Bora visit meant work for both Bliss and Summer Monkey which is why I had to really contribute something as well. And I believed I also went the extra mile--negotiations at Paraw, booking the tickets for the Intras and the models, coordinating with everyone... it was tough but I really had a lot of fun! I'm glad the sampling and the oculars went just fine (except for the Jude incident that is… but that's water under the bridge now...)

This Bora was definitely one of the best vacations I've had in a long time. I guess it pays to know what you're expecting, so you already have an idea of what you won't miss doing the second time around. And I did have a list (so I'll forever be OC, sue me! Haha) so I wouldn't forget this time what I should have done last May: night swimming, early morning dip(of course it didn't help that I had my monthly the second I stepped on Boracay shores! Good thing that was only for 3 days!), henna tattoo (cute flower, stemmed rose at my back, and a free one at my right hand! Thanks Long for the freebie!), massage by the beach (full body this time! Super heavenly!), sunbathing (got my tan line! Yesssss!), walk from stations 1-3 (okay, so it was in installments, but I still walked that whole lot... pwede na din!), beads bargain shopping (completed my pasalubong list! Yay!), and partayyyyyy!!!! (bish and booze and a wholelotta dancin'!!!!). I even stayed up two whole nights to make up for all the dinners and bars I missed with the Intras when I'm in Manila. I was even able to visit the Church, and pray for the souls of my loved ones I wasn't able to visit this years' All Souls' Day. What to add next time: Braids (if I'm not rebounded anymore!) and Banana Boat definitely!

Totally loved Paraw (Cris and I danced it up alright! Haha) and Bom-bom's (I'm now a certified Reggae convert! Bob Marley all the way! "I don't wanna wait in vain for your love...Idon'twanna Idon'twannaIdon'twannaIdon'twanna... Idon'twanna wait in vain!"). We had different choices for our meals and restaurants, which I also loved: Make your own breakfast at Paradiso, milkshakes galore and 6am-before-we-sleep-pampatanggal-amats-omelettes at Jonah's, Baby Back Ribs and Baked Oysters at Gastrof, Heavenly Crepes at Cafe SanMichel, sinigang at Smoke Resto D'Mall Talipapa, even Longganisa Burgers at BBQ Stands at the Beach Front (the one I threw up though later after five beers at 3pm!). Who said anything about dieting anyway?!?!?! Definitely one of the most fun food trips I've had... which is why I'm in Nesvita and C2 Detox mode now! Haha :-P


Bliss Night @ Cocomangas Posted by Picasa

Celeb Sighting Galore as well! Mygash, my mom would have a field day if she was there with me the whole time! I spied (and stalked a bit): Angel Aquino, Maui Taylor and Brian Revilla (PDA all the way at Paraw... ewwww! That was not a pretty picture), Gwen Garci, Katya Santos, Jennifer Lee, Vandolph and Grace, Sunshine Dizon, Karel Marquez, Paula Peralejo, Luis Alandy (total Baldwin!), John Hall (ulam sobra!), Phoemela Barranda, Rachel Lobangco (the Firedancer!) among others I might have forgotten already. Not too mention a few of my friendsters as well: shout-outs to Dianne Aquino, Buona Lacaba, Parx Jacinto, Faith Manguiat, Ter and Nina (who's apparently a couple now! Kudos to you both!), Amy Ang, Andrea Logarta, and special mention to Harvard, whom I wasn't able to say Hi (twice!), but can now admit I was happy to see at Bora.

Even now I can still imagine the sand beneath my toes, the chilly but clear water waking me up early morning, and the waves as it crashed towards the shore---I'm longing for and missing terribly that carefree feeling when you're in a wholly different world like Boracay. They say you can assume a different identity when you're in a foreign land--I can say that I felt more like myself while I was in Bora. No pretentions, no expectations. It was fun and liberating at the same time... Part of it may be because of the people I'm with also--it wouldn't have been as great without this right mix of people: hugs, toasts and thanks to Dennis, Cris, Brian, Kiko, Monica, Lynne, yep even Jude. You guys made my Bora experience truly unforgettable. Can't wait for Summer Monkey next year!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Balik tayo boracay.... :-)