"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Monday, July 11, 2005

New Friends, Old Habits

Last weekend at MJ's Batch was my first time to staff in DAYS totally alone... no sisters, no Mommy Rach to keep my company and sort of be my "safety net". I went back because it was my personal commitment to Him--to continue staffing and serve others who are continuously searching for their own paths to Him, regardless of friends who may or may not staff with me.

It was a little difficult this time, because I was forced out of my "comfort zone". Admittedly, I am still quite the introvert... I can keep silent the whole time, merely being the observer or a listener in the background. Which was mostly what happened this weekend. Surprisingly though, the situation provided me the opportunity to get to know other staffers din... spent a lot of time with Jhoolz, Milo, Roda, even Sam and Mac during our all nighter adventures at 7-11... went to Ababu (yep, my first time) with Pat, Amy, Carla, and Allan... croaked my lungs out at the choir with Jun and Trix (super tiring yng three hour's worth of finishing the entire song book! but it was fun nonetheless :-)

God really works in mysterious ways.. and I'm always happy to go back because I can spend real, quality time with Him... I always feel overwhelmed with all the blessings, and this is one of the times I can truly thank Him for everything that is good in my life. The prayers and reflections give me so much strength to face the challenges ahead, especially in work. I may not go to Mass everyday nor do my vigils regularly, but I'm grateful for this opportunity to grow spiritually with Him. In a way, it's my pledge to go back again to help others feel the same way. I hope I can bring more friends to experience Days as well, we stopped after October last year... For the meantime, will go back and support my friends' weekends next September... Till then! To all my sisters and Mommy Rach, whom I miss very much... to all my new friends as well: bimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk! :-)

0 comments: