"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Monday, July 17, 2006

Good Omen, Bad Omen

Time to bring out the champagne glasses: I survived my first week at LRI! The people are really nice and warm, and I'm enjoying my first two weeks as adviced by my brand colleagues who told me that after that leeway, I'll be going home with them at around 9pm as well! Haha!

It was a long difficult road to get here. In retrospect, I endured 5 grueling interviews, a tense two-week wait to know if I got in, and a very rigorous (yet slimming!) medical exam. My first day in the office was even met with a heavy downpour! But I'm glad for all these--it makes me appreciate the promise of a fulfilling and challenging career life ahead that Unilab has to offer.

I was never a fan of horror movies, but I'm grateful to Drew for bringing me that fateful day at Galleria to watch the Omen. It turned out indeed to be a good omen, for it was at that moment that I received THE CALL telling me that I was accepted into Unilab. I prayed really hard for God to guide the new direction my career was going to take, wherever that may be. And I thank the higher powers for granting me such a blessing, that even if I was not able to change paths as I originally planned to, maybe this is a sign that I'm indeed destined for the healthcare industry. :-)

Now as I await my trainings and orientations, I currently busy myself visualizing how to decorate my new cubicle and memorizing everyone else's names.. hehe! Cheers!

0 comments: