"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Monday, May 22, 2006

Da Vinci Code, the Film


Watched the much-anticipated Da Vinci Code tonight with Mom and Dad (who haven't been in a moviehouse for years!) The cinema was jampacked, even with teenagers trying to beat the R18restriction. The dialogue was engaging, the actors convincing and the storyline was faithful to the Dan Brown bestseller (except for the part where there was supposed to be two cryptex. I would have loved to see how they would attack the dualism mentioned in the novel). Historical and biblical anecdotes were artistically presented as well.

In the end, as Tom Hanks said, "What matters most is what you believe in." The film satisfied my curiosity, and it was indeed one of the best film adaptations from a book. But it did not for a bit shake my faith, as others would have feared. I still believe in God and Jesus and the Holy Trinity. I take pride in being a praticing Catholic, and I know that I have a personal relationship with Jess. For me, in the end, these are what still truly matters. Posted by Picasa

0 comments: