"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Return to Las Brisas: DEVCON 2006!

yup, i think we're already kinda drunk! haha!

After an unexpected invitation from now MCP Tabbee, I finally decided to go back to Las Brisas in Antipolo to be the chair for Devcon 2006, May 26-29th. I did not know what to expect--after all I vowed to myself never again to return to this godforsaken place for all sorts of reasons: surprise salamander hunts, creek memories, and certain fights that ensued with people that still haunt me to this day.

But as they say: once an AIESECer, always an AIESECer. And it was truly an honor for me to be invited to be the "kagalang-galang na upuan" (to quote Care). The delegation was younger and less bolder, as expected, but we did bond during the socials in Antipolo and "Ortigas Extension" so I was fortunate to get to know most of them. Funny thing, Javi and Drew came by to show support, and they were introduced as "Legends of AIESEC"... hmmm, they were in my generation also right? What does that make me--ancestor? Harhar :-P Legislation was short but organized, exactly as I wanted it to be, and the sessions were both fun and relevant. OC was very maalaga--cheers to Bossing Erman, beloved ADMU LCP; Kevin, our Bb. Devcon titleholder; Gio, our all-around guy; Carms, with her perpetual smile; and of course, Martin, with his quotable quotes and non-stop hirits.

Thanks to everyone who made this experience truly memorable for me: from the MC, OC and of course the delegates. Thanks to the alumni also who stopped by: Javi, Drew, Jayjay (whom I missed a lot! See you in HK dude!). It was my first conference to be drunk in all socials and yet perky during the plenary... my first not to be mandated as well! Much thanks and love for restoring my faith and passion not only to Las Brisas but to AIESEC as well. You made me believe and hope that no matter what storm may come our way, AIESEC's vision and values will live through, because of its people and of course the oldie alumni as well.

See you all at Devcon Reunion! :-)
Cheers! Naunsa man Tu!
 Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Care said...

Glads! ang pangit ko naman sa pic na yan. haha.. one more conference pa madam upuan na kagalang-galang. ;D