"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Artificial Leg

While I was meditating aimlessly on the back of the FX on my way to Rustans Makati to meet with Eda, a man struggled to get on the vehicle also, pleading with another passenger to exchange seats with him because of his artificial leg. I tried not to look but I felt pity for the guy. Somehow, I felt guilty (because I felt luckier than him that my leg was not amputated in any way, despite my recurring knee mishaps), but also blessed at the same time.

When he got off, I said a silenet prayer. May God bless that man, because despite his physical incapabilities, he still was quite a jolly fellow... he was smiling and whistling all the way down Buendia...

0 comments: