"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Friday, March 18, 2005

MRT Panic!

Rode the MRT from Ayala to GMA last night, was supposed to go home when suddenly the train stopped midway from Boni and Shaw. Something smelled funny... literally. Apparently, the coach car I was riding had burnt some cable wires on the way from Makati... it was awful! The woman beside me was already praying the rosary, while I was busy memorizing the emergency instructions by the door.... After an hour, they finally fixed it. It was the longest train ride I've ever had!

There are some things we really take for granted, like riding safely in trains that might go off any second because of malfunction... sometimes, we can't do anything about it, but we might as well be cautious and careful always. Which also reminds me, I should really bring my rosary next time I ride....

0 comments: