"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

UPD Alumni Dinner

Went to an alumni party last night for UPD.. was fun because I was able to meet Agnes and Ana again, whom I haven't met for the longest time! I know in speeches I always say that "I'm already old.. I have "anaks" and "apos" already in AIESEC", but attending that party as an alumni made that feeling more real than ever. Talangang matanda na ko sa AIESEC. There were lots of newies that I didn't know anymore, and the more common question was: "How are you guys doing these days", and it felt weird and relieving to be asking that question as a concerned alumni (read: outsider)

It's true what they say: the longer you stay, the harder it is to let go. Yup, I have the symptoms. Even attending the induction party and turning over the torches still feels surreal for me. Until March 31st is over, I guess, I'm still holding on to this post and to all the free food and all the exchange problems as well. Hmm... enjoy till the party lasts right? I still have APXLDS anyway. But I'll enjoy myself in Devcon for sure, one discharge report and I'm all set for the beach... BORA here I come! Haha =)

0 comments: