"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Thursday, October 21, 2004

All in the Family

Had big preparations for tomorrow's Menopause the Musical--big assignment tonight was finishing all 1000 flyers as give aways for the event's "menopausal" audience . My task was to remove Bliss stickers first (my "punishment" for not ordering from euromed in time), clean them with acetone to remove excess paint, clean them again with oil, dry them up, put Felina stickers, glue gun them into the flyers, add additional sticker at the back, then pack them all in one big balikbayan box. Looking at this checklist, I knew I had to pull an all-nighter even just to complete half of the whole lot, which was what was required for the first run tomorrow night..

Luckily, my parents took pity on me and helped me out (my brother unfortunately was forced from his ragnarok to help also, out of sheer obedience--and fear--from my dad! heehee). We were a mini-production line: Mom cleaned, Julius took out the stickers, Dad glue-gunned. I did everything else in between. In just a few hours, we really did finish everything... and Dad even skipped his afternoon meeting just so we can finish packing as well. All in the family right? Ü

I'm really grateful...I know that I could not have really done it without them. I guess in a way, we were able to also spend time together as a "family", bonding, even if it was for my work. Last night strengthened my belief that even in my most desperate and stressful moments, there is no one else I can turn to but my family--they will never let me down. And even though we have arguments and fights a lot of times, it is during these situations that I know I would not trade my parents and family for the world... Ü

0 comments: