"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Saturday, October 16, 2004

The TIES That Bind

Today was the official start of the TIES (Ten Inspirational Entrepreneurial Students) event. This was in cooperation with Thames School of Business and AIESEC Philippines. I was tasked and tapped to help organize the event in behalf of AIESEC, which means that I'm also in charge of disseminating information and coordinating with everyone else in the org. The opening event was okay, IMHO, but we actually need more participants for tomorrow's event: entrep Seminar and AIESEC activity.

More than the actual logistics and planned programme, TIES today became more special because of old friends I was able to meet, purposely and accidentally. For the first time in how many weeks, I was able to talk to Jeff Bautista, beloved Zambales Councilor, whom I haven't seen since Phil. Games days. Accidentally, I also met with Kelly Tan, former SBC President and deferred AIESEC SN, who now works in Market! Market! It's amazing how excited and nervous I was to meet these people, who at one point in my life, became close to my heart as well *hint hint* Ü What's more funny is how I was able to say the stupidest things in front of them... nerve-wracking experience that they both were. I used to think that I was pretty confident, but I guess, texting masked my excitement always, because through SMS I was still able to review / revise my thoughts, and seem pretty calm all the while (or so they thought).

More amazing is how Jon and I met up in Eastwood tonight to celebrate Oktoberfest (my sort of treat to him since I backed out two weeks ago). It was an impulsive move on my part to actually push through with it, since I usually turned him down before. But we really had a blast! Drinking to SMB, dancing, and partying the night away! Yeah! Ü Too bad I had to go home soon (as usual) because of my curfew (read: batas!), and it was really kinda "bitin" for him. Oh well, maybe next time (wink wink)

I find myself really enjoying Jon's company more and more as we go out and see each other. He really is a nice person, and there's not too many of those species these days. I'm glad to have a friend in him... I can tell him anything that happened in my day, knowing that he understands somewhat (he is in the same business after all!). And I admire his tenacity as well in earning for himself and his family. Hope everything goes well in his next week's work / bids (I'll cross my fingers--if he earns big-time, he promised me shopping! yay! haha Ü)

It's funny how old TIES, how old friends suddenly come up unexpectedly when you least expect them.. life's little surprises. They're the TIES that bind: old connections from your past that help you appreciate more the good things in the present, and makes you realize too that some good things in the past should remain as they are: good things in the past.. for now, I'll just have to live each moment as they come, and seize the day. I'd be grateful for the opportunity to gain closure from issues from old ties, so I can move on and live more of each day that comes... Ü

0 comments: