"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Can't Hardly Wait...

After what seems like ten million years, Jeff Bautista finally made known his presence (yes folks, he's alive!) I don't know what it is about him, but every time he sends me a message or drops a line or two, he never fails to make me smile... even if it's just a simple hey (a fact he knows already by now). Prolific Zambales councilor that he is, Jeff's in one of those conventions again, this time in Batangas... And like a tradition between us, he'd text to say he was out of town, in a special trip, and ask how my day was in return (I did the same thing when I went to Baguio for DSAP).

Of all the text mates I've had, I find myself enjoying sharing conversations with Jeff. He just makes a lot of sense, and that's quite rare nowadays, espcially if you're just swapping thoughts through SMS. It's been almost five months now, since we exchanged our first text message, and I guess a lot has happened in between. Even if we're far away from each other, somehow I know I have someone whom I can share my two cents' worth, and I know he feels the same way. It may not be romantic (yet! haha.. as if!), but it's just nice to know you connect with someone in a deeper level...

I know I've always liked Jeff, ever since our PE days, but I guess I never really knew him until now. I'm really grateful that God blessed me with this opportunity to get to know him even after so many years apart. It's a surprise to discover so many things we have in common as well--we both like plays, and we're both instrumentalists (he plays the guitar--and he plays it really well, if my memory serves me correctly--while I do mine on keyboards). We both like to hug.. which is why i owe him one when we next see each other... Ü

I used to think our first meeting after UP days would bring so much pressure. True enough, I stressed myself out last month trying to prepare for that date... only to find out in the end that we wouldn't be able to push through with it. And now that we've set another one.. I don't know if I would want to go through that agony again! Maybe, I did learn my lesson---that I should just enjoy each moment as it comes... enjoy whatever we have right now... long-distance friendship that it is.. and just look forward to our "play date" without too much expectations... =) Easier said than done right? Hehe... whatever happens though, even if we don't make it (again)... I know I'll cherish this thing I have with Jeff... whatever this might be. And until that date comes, I'll just savor each text message for now... Seeing him will just be the icing on the cake Ü Can't hardly wait... Ü

0 comments: