"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Friday, October 15, 2004

Saved!

WWJ Days Batch 7 Posted by Hello
"Mommy Rach" texted me today to find out if we would still push through tomorrow for Nasty's surprise party... which I have to find out yet tomorrow from Bien. I'm glad that my Days family is growing, and that we still keep in touch despite our hectic scheds...

I've always looked for something somewhere--an avenue where I can actually practice my faith. I've always been active spiritually in HS and in our neighborhood community, but I find everything that I do so "plastic". Everything seems to be required--our practices have to be done because it's considered sinful already if you don't. Of course when you're still a kid, you just accept everything you're told to don in blind faith... I guess I did. But growing up in UP did change much... I didn't have theo or religion classes anymore, but I did have philo.. which made me actually question my faith... how real was God in my life knowing that I didn't anymore pray as much as I did before, nor go to mass, nor did my novenas at Sta. Clara, nor lead prayers in the community...

Which is why I'm really glad and grateful that I was able to go to Days. I didn't realize before how much I really wanted to find my faith back. Now that I'm through with the retreat, and I'm living my fourth day , so to speak, I can't say that I'm already religious again.. that I can be as devoted as my mom or my lolas going to masses and praying all the vigils... because I found my calling in Days: not to do these rituals, but to help others in finding God in their lives as well. Living my faith in service...

One day, I hope I can become rector. It would really be a dream come true to share and inspire others how I was saved and how my faith was restored, and somehow, in my own little way, touch their lives as God has touched mine. Right now, I have to learn the ropes first and serve as staff and sponsor... strengthen my commitment to Him and to this community. But before that, have to find nasty first for tomorrow's reunion with my sisters! hehe Ü

0 comments: