"Life may not be replete with the moments that pause your soul, the vivid memories of which cause your heart to beat differently, or make it hard to swallow. And all the better. Much of the beauty of those moments lies in their rarity -- in the awe of being in the right place, at the right time, a partaker in coincidence. And in finding a reason to believe in fate..."

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Interview

Had quite a busy day! Spent almost the whole of it interviewing... "hot mamas" in the morning for Felina, "cast" in the afternoon for Half-moon. It was quite tough... felt quite "toxic" after two dozen interviews (halfway through the whole thing)... I volunteered to help for Half-moon partly because I've always been curious on how it's done (nothing compared to AIESEC's RBI of course), and partly because I really wanted to help Dick and Mark... Yep, it's a "What are friends for?" moment... Ü

It actually felt both weird being on the other side of the fence, and talking to these applicants made me realize just how important job security is. Life is really hard nowadays. I became a regular at work, but I always took that for granted... I was never able to appreciate it until now. I guess in a way I'm really blessed to have a great job that gives me all this learning opportunities, a flexible working environment, and supportive colleagues and boss. I couldn't ask for more (well, except for our new office space...hehe! That one's coming up soon... Ü). I do wish all those applicants luck in wherever life takes them, even if they don't get accepted in our business projects. Sad truth is, a lot of them will really need it...

0 comments: